Thursday, January 9, 2020 / by Steve Smith
- Natural beauty abounds. Charleston has great beaches, parks and rivers to enjoy, with plenty of water sports.
- Friendly and welcoming southern hospitality.
- Lots of incredible food, including seafood and southern favorites.
- Great universities.
- A thriving economy, offering low unemployment and plenty of jobs in a great cross-section of industries.
- Low property taxes, with a tax rate less than half the national average.
- Low state income tax.
- Beautiful weather, especially compared to the Northeast and Midwest, and mild winters.
- An excellent city transportation system.
- Crime rates below the national average.
- A strong and stable housing market, offering many attractive neighborhoods.
Searching for a new home in the Charleston area, or just want to find out more about the Holy City? Visit www.viewcharlestonhomelistings.com